Saturday, October 3, 2009

Purpose: Using Creativity to Encourage and Connect

Higher Learning ©Antonia Ruppert
Watercolor on Paper, 36x42
I just started reading The Success Principles by Jack Canfield - the co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. In the second principle, Canfield expounds that one must be clear why one is here. After a few exercises, I’m sharing with you my reader my purpose. My purpose is to use my creativity and interpersonal skills to encourage, recognize and inspire others to joyfully express their God-given talents to help others and connect with them.

This week, I connected with some friends on Facebook asking them to name this painting. Based, on their comments, this painting is called “Higher Learning” also known as “Our Father.” Thanks to Shawanna and Chenetha who provided these name suggestions. I am in appreciation to everyone who commented.

This watercolor painting is 36x42 and is part of a “worship series” for Living Springs Community Church, a church 40 minutes south east of Chicago. After the church administration chose a theme, I created a series of photographs from models(Thanks Rance and Buddy). After creating some sketches, the administration chose one for me to work from.

Next step? I will complete a final painting in the series with the theme “praise.“ I’ll be looking for an African American woman model from Chicago to photograph with chin length curly hair who has a beautiful smile. Based on my original sketch, she might look a little like me. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Amélie Gagné said...

Toni I love your "purpose"... in fact I think the whole blog is quite impressive... well done ;)

Unknown said...

Amelie, Thank you! I'm glad my purpose resonated with you.