Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Art Everyday Month - Colorado Escape

"Flagstaff Mountain"
© Antonia Ruppert

Art Everyday Month continues. One of my new collectors obtained a pre-sale painting of Colorado from me.  Here is a preliminary sketch below.


This painting will be fun to paint because my collector chose two lovely colors: moss green and yam orange. Below is my initial watercolor using her colors. 


Next, I may create some additional studies (preliminary sketches, etc.) and then I'll be ready for the final painting (oil on canvas.)

When I see nature up close and so majestic, I can't help but sing Mali Music's:  

"All the glory belongs to You, all the glory belongs to You, Oh God."





2 comments:

Melanie Jongsma said...

I'm liking it so far Toni!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Melanie - the colors are just perfect.