Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful for these 4


Landscape Progress
©Antonia Ruppert

Where I am, folks are getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday. After spending much of the day cleaning, organizing and decorating...

©Antonia Ruppert
...I loved making progress on my painting shown first above. 

After reading blogger and wordsmith Melanie Jongsma's Thanksgiving post, I thought I would also share four projects I'm most thankful to have worked on this year.


1. Faces of Strength 
This nine month project was an idea I had to simply get to know moms within my local community.  I interviewed moms in the Berwyn community and a few surrounding areas. From those discussions, paintings were created.  Twelve paintings were shown at New Life Community Church(Melrose) earlier this spring. More will be shown next February and March in a new show at Loyola University Chicago.  I started out to make friends and connections and gained so much more.

Thank you to the mothers who spent time with me!

Holding the Treasure
12x12
Acrylic Mixed Media Collage
©Antonia Ruppert

2.  For Lauren (private collection)
This painting meant so much to me because like my patron's daughter, I lost my father.  Being able to provide this painting from one of her only pictures of the two together, was heart-warming for me.  

Thank you Mia and Lauren!
For Lauren
18x24
Watercolor
©Antonia Ruppert

3.  Genesis of an Artist 
This painting was three years in the making.  I am so grateful that it is completed.  Not only did I complete it, I submitted it to the Museum of Science and Industry's Black Creativity juried art exhibit.  Though I won't know until December whether it was accepted, I am happy  to have completed the submission process.

Thank you to Elaine and all of my Facebook friends who helped me name this piece!

Genesis of an Artist
30x40
4. Joseph
This is a painting that will be unveiled at the Barrington Christmas Artwalk 2015 in December. Though I am not at liberty to share it now to you due to the unveiling,  know that I am grateful for this opportunity. You may find more info about the Christmas Artwalk 2015 online here.

Though this is not all I am thankful for,  these projects send me into worship to God.

Thank you for your continued support of me and the art God allows me to make. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

No comments: