Monday, November 16, 2015

Art Everyday Month - What's Your One Thing?

"Untitled"
Oil and Charcoal on Canvas
30x40
©Antonia Ruppert
Do that one thing first. That's what I learned today. My friend and fellow artist Elaine shared a resource with me- The One Thing - a book by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan.

The synopsis from their website- What’s the ONE Thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary? 

That one thing for me was to finish this painting which I started in 2012.  I wanted to finish it to submit it for the Black Creativity 2016 juried exhibition held at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry.  I felt like the painting needed revisions. Here is the painting before the revisions: 

"Untitled"
Oil and Charcoal on Canvas
30x40
©Antonia Ruppert 


Thank God I finished it before I left the house today. 

As it turns out, I blew a tire this afternoon. So I spent the day getting roadside assistance and getting my tire fixed. 

Surprisingly, nothing bothered me about how I was spending my time.  I had already completed my most creative work. 

So I ask you - What is your one thing such that by doing it would make your day?

I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

Also, this painting is currently untitled - but on my Facebook page, I am currently accepting "title" suggestions.  Go there to share your suggestions.

I appreciate you already.




No comments: