Friday, January 13, 2012

Original Art Goes to Print

Angel of Glory ©Antonia Ruppert
Watercolor on paper
I knew while creating this painting that it would be a message about praise to God.

The title came to me after Chicago-based artist Joyce Owens asked me if I had considered Fine Art America(fineartamerica.com) for prints of my “Angel.”  This week, my “Angel” has been well “liked” on my Facebook page.

I decided then and there that I would offer prints.  More in a minute.

First, here are some stanzas which I feel further explain this painting:
Heav’n with alleluias rang,
When creation was begun,
When God spoke and it was done.
Ye holy angels bright,
Who stand before God’s throne
And dwell in glorious light,
Praise ye the Lord each one.
Assist our song, or else the theme
Too high doth seem for mortal tongue.
Richard Baxter, Poetical Fragments

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,
 From the heavens praise His name;
 Praise Jehovah in the highest,
 All His angels praise proclaim.
 All His hosts together praise Him,
 Sun, and moon, and stars on high;
 Praise Him, O ye heav’n of heavens,
And ye floods above the sky.
William J. Kirkpatrick, (Psalm148)

As of today, not only is the original watercolor painting available, it is also available as a print. You can see my new profile at Fine Art America - an online market place where artists like me sell their work.
So grateful to be able to share this with you.

No comments: