Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Reflections Show Opening Reception, Friday, August 2nd

I am looking forward to showing my art with artists Sharon Burrink and Jean Lewis!

REFLECTIONS: 3 ARTISTS LOOK AT LIFE

August 2 - August 30th

OPENING: AUGUST 2, 7-9PM

©Toni Ruppert - "Head in the Clouds" - 9x12 - Acrylic on Panel

Vogt Visual Arts Center

17420 S. 67th Court

Tinley Park, Illinois 60477

 

The evening also includes a jazz concert outside in the gazebo. (Be sure to bring a chair for the concert). Light refreshments will be served and admission is free.


As I type this, my daughter Imani is playing in my hair - she wants the computer.  So I will make this brief.  I am showing art with Sharon Burrink and Jean Lewis--two amazing artists.  Sharon creates these awesome images using photo collages.  You will find victorious images about freedom, contemplation and celebration.  Jean Lewis on the otherhand, is a virtuoso with the drawing mediums of pastel and graphite.  She brings an attention to the figure and to still life that is rarely seen. 

If I can get the computer back--I will share more soon.

2 comments:

Beth Ritter-Perry said...

Greetings from TX! Congrats on your show and I HOPE YOU SELL EVERYTHING, in JESUS' NAME!!! Amen!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth - so glad to connect with you. Thank you for your kind words. The opening was a triumph. God did it all!