Sunday, January 4, 2015

Feeling the Love

"Feeling the Love" - Acrylic and Charcoal on Canvas- 8x10
Sometimes you can have so much fun, you can lose track of time. I have been having fun experimenting with acrylic paint, charcoal and various mediums(paint additives).  Since the last piece was acrylic and pencil, I decided to push it a little with charcoal.

This small painting is acrylic with matte medium and charcoal.  The piece started with a bright overlay of orange and yellow - two of my favorite colors these days. Perhaps that is because of the blues and grays outside this time of year.

I started the drawing in charcoal beginning with the eyes of the figure on the right.  That part was completed first. Then I let it rest. I needed fresh eyes.

After coming back to it with afresh, I began the figure on the right and then the background. My friend Tina asked me if I ever painted in an abstract style.  Since she asked, I experimented with that too.

Sometimes the best things happen when you're just playing.  Ha! Ha!

I'm wondering what you do that feels like play? Feel free to comment below.

No comments: