Saturday, January 31, 2015

Faces of Strength: No Stopwatch for a Mother's Love

"I Arise" © Antonia Ruppert
12x14-  Mixed Media on Panel

Does a mother’s love have a stopwatch? What about an online timer? This week while painting, I was reminded that these do not exist.  I realized for perhaps the 1000th time that a mother’s love is strong and should not stop. I’ll write more about this today and also invite you to my next group art show.

I interviewed two mom’s and worked on drawings and paintings of each for my "Faces of Strength" project.  
"I Arise" progress © Antonia Ruppert
"I Arise" progress © Antonia Ruppert

I learned and was reminded that:
  • Patience is the number one quality you need in motherhood.  (Sounds like being an artist)
  • Mother’s don’t get to whine. 
  • The best thing about being a mom is that look of love from your child.
  • Getting up at 4am daily to care for one’s family is not too early.

If you are curious about what’s on the minds of mothers and women in general, I invite you to my next group show:

Valentines Day Opening

“Women of Many Colors” Group Art show curated by Dianna Long.  

Feb. 14, 2015 (1-4pm) Art show opening reception
March 21, 2015 - last day of show. It closes at 4p.m.

773-542-9126
1957 S. Spaulding Ave. Chicago, Il. 60623
(Chicago, Lawndale Community)

I’d love to meet you there.  I will have four paintings and a time based piece with paintings, drawings, photography, words and music. The idea that I can compile these various media to create a moving story to share fascinates me. 

Right now, there is no stopwatch for my girls.  The best thing about being a mother is the Thank You I get from my 21 year old and the hugs from my 9 year old. The best thing right now about being an artist is getting to talk about this in my work.


How does this resonate with you?  Comment below or tell me in person at the show.

No comments: