Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hope for Another Day

Acrylic and Pencil on Panel - 9x12
This painting came to me after a time of thinking about some of my friends and family.  Some are going through some tough situations.  The only thing I could do was respond by creating.

I created a drawing showing someone's head being lifted up. That prompted the painting - I loved the drawing so much.

The sun, the egg and the flowers are all symbols of new life, growth and warmth.

After priming the panel with gesso, I created a wash of yellows and reds.  Using the drawing as a guide, I recreated it on the piece after the wash dried.  Additionally, I painted the flowers and egg from life. I eventually went over the entire piece with pencil to add emphasis. 

I call it "Hope for Another Day."

No comments: