Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Still Life There!

"Still Life There" © Antonia Ruppert
9x12 -  Acrylic and Charcoal on Panel
I love when something destined for refuse gets reused.  These dried flowers I wrote about in my last post still hold beauty.  I decided to paint another painting with my hand holding the blossom from a different angle.

I'm reminded of something my friend Maritza often says, "He wastes nothing" meaning God wastes nothing.  I'm convinced our lives are like that.  We may feel washed up, tired and ready for a siesta - but there is something yet beautiful in each life experience.

Paul Manwaring talks about nothing being wasted in his blog piece "He Got You Ready, He Wastes Nothing." Its a short post but full of meaning.

Meanwhile, my piece "Still Life There" is of a flower I was ready to toss. I'm so glad I didn't.



No comments: